Well, this is it. I’d like to officially announce that I am going to be studying abroad next semester! (Yes, as in two months from now.) You may be wondering some of the details…
- I will be attending Lancaster University. It is in Lancaster, England. Where is that, you ask? It is about one hour north of Manchester or three hours northwest of London. (Also, a ferry ride away from Dublin and a day’s hike down to Wales)
2. Lancaster University uses the trimester system, so I will actually be over there for what they call Lent Term and Summer Term. Lent Term runs January 8th-March 18th. I will then have a month off for Easter Break and continue for Summer term from April 15th-June 24th. So if ya’ll wanna come and visit me, I will be loving some company over Easter Break! 🙂
3. I have an orientation week that starts on January 5th, so I plan to leave January 4th. I haven’t booked my plane ticket yet, but this is the “estimated departure date.”
4. I also have not received my notification of where I will be living yet, but since I will be considered an exchange student, I will be living in University Residences. Stay tuned for more info on this!
5. The most frequently asked question I get is, “How are you going to pack everything?” And you know, I honestly have no idea! Thinking about being there that long makes me think I need a suitcase just for my shoes, but we will see how that goes.
6. I’ve also been asked by several people, “Why did you decide to go?” It’s a great question! Check out my post on why I decided to study abroad.
As you may be able to tell, I don’t have a ton of information yet. The process has been pretty slow and just relies on me being VERY patient, but that’s probably good for me.
In the meantime, I would love to answer any questions you may have. Leave me a comment or shoot me an email. I am really excited to be sharing this journey with you all.
56 Days and Counting…